Press Release, London, 25 October, 2013 – Reed MIDEM, organiser of MIPIM, MIPIM Asia and MAPIC, has unveiled plans to launch MIPIM UK in London, in October 2014.
The UK-wide property tradeshow will take place at London Olympia, October 15-17, 2014 and will provide the first forum of its kind for professionals looking to close deals across all major sectors of the UK property market.
MIPIM UK will be the principal forum of its kind where leasing and investment markets within the office, retail, industrial, residential, healthcare and sports property sectors will be showcased for the very first time.
The premium conference programme and high-level networking opportunities target leading real estate decision-makers operating at a national, regional and local level in cities throughout England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Filippo Rean, MIPIM Director, said, “The United Kingdom is often described as the real estate capital of the world. Global investors and end-users maintain their interest in London and are now looking at opportunities in other major cities and regions. Data produced by FTI Consulting shows that 72% of investors and occupiers anticipate that their interest in the UK market will increase over the next two years. It’s against this backdrop that a dedicated, national real estate event such as MIPIM UK has been conceived.”
Leading city administrators from around the United Kingdom have welcomed the opportunity to showcase their constituencies and discuss future development plans.
Among the city leaders to support the launch of MIPIM UK, Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, noted, “MIPIM UK will highlight London’s relentless growth as a global city and bring together key property investors with office, residential, industrial and retail sectors.”
Sir Howard Bernstein, Chief Executive, Manchester City Council, commented,
“MIPIM UK creates an unrivalled platform for Manchester to promote its world classoffer. Through our unique partnership approach we are able to showcase our outstandingeconomic assets; our diverse business base, flagship regeneration schemes and propertyoffer, and our local ambitions for growth, all of which remain critical to attracting globalinvestment into Manchester.”
Lurene Joseph, Chief Executive of Leeds and Partners, said: “The Leeds City Region is the secondlargest in the UK, generating 4% of national economic output and employing 1.3 million people. Therecent influx of new investment into retail and outperformance in office-take up demonstrates theconfidence of the private sector in the city region. The growth in this marketplace is not onlybeneficial for the property sector, but also has a positive impact on the wider economy.“We are delighted to be associated with MIPIM UK, which we recognise as a prime opportunity todrive economic growth for UK plc and to secure investment and jobs in Leeds and the wider cityregion.”
According to Julien Sausset, MIPIM UK Deputy Director, “The three-day MIPIM UK event will create a unique forum where UK developers can meet capital sources and corporate end-users in a transactional-focused event. The fact that this is a national event will facilitate the coming together of companies leasing real estate in the UK and end-users looking to lease.
“By providing a variety of high-level conference sessions and seminars covering a wide range of market issues, MIPIM UK will offer the first platform of its kind for delegates to meet up to 3,000 decision-makers who are actively seeking deals in the UK property market. For those wishing to attend, an early bird rate of £295 for a three-day pass has been launched, allowing for an accessible opportunity to conduct business and gain an invaluable understanding of the most topical industry issues,” Sausset concluded.
MIPIM UK has also announced the appointment of leading property professionals, whowill work in partnership with the national event as an Advisory Committee, comprising:
- Ian Marcus, Chairman, Bank of England Property Forum; Senior Adviser, EastdilSecured; Board Member, Crown Estate·
- Brendan Jarvis, Head of Real Estate, Barclays·
- Stephen Hubbard, UK Chairman, CBRE·
- Chris Grigg, Chief Executive, British Land·
- Toby Courtauld, Chief Executive, Great Portland Estates·
- David Atkins, Chief Executive, Hammerson·
- Alistair Elliott, Senior Partner, Knight Frank·
- Bill Hughes, Managing Director, Legal & General Property·
- Bruce Ritchie, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Residential Land·
- Mark Ridley, Chief Executive Officer, Savills UK·
- Peter Williams, EMEA Building Engineering Leader, AECOM·
- Alderman Sir Michael Bear·
- Ashley Muldoon, Chief Executive, Brookfield Multiplex, Europe, Canada, MiddleEast and Asia·
- Liz Peace, Chief Executive, British Property Federation·
- David Marks, Co-Managing Partner, Brockton Capital·
- Sir Howard Bernstein, Chief Executive, Manchester City Council·
- Lee Polisano, President, PLP Architecture·
- David Sleath, Chief Executive, SEGRO
The following property organisations have also formally endorsed the UK widetradeshow to take place in October 2014:
- UK Trade & Investment·
- British Property Federation·
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors·
- London Chamber of Commerce and Industry·
- London First·
- Mayor of London
For media enquiries please contact:
Ollie Pratt, FTI Consulting
Tel: +44 (0)207 269 9384 direct
Mob: +44 (0)7515 597 435 mobile
Giles Barrie, FTI Consulting
Tel: +44 (0)20 7269 7284 direct
Mob: +44 (0)7798 926814 mobile